Dear MERLOT Conference Presenter,
Congratulations on being selected to present at the MERLOT International Conference 2008 (MIC08) this year in Minneapolis, Minnesota, August 7-10, 2008. We look forward to your attendance.
The MIC08 Program is now posted online at http://mic08.merlot.org/program/index.php. If you find a problem with your presentation, please let us know right away by emailing Cathy Swift
We have set a few guidelines for you to follow so presentations at the MIC08 run smoothly.
- We are requesting that all presenters bring their own wireless internet-ready laptop computer. If you are not able to bring your own wireless-ready laptop, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can make alternate arrangements for you.
- We have provided a template for you to use for your presentation, which can be found here. Please use it to create your presentation for the conference.
- Your presentation cannot exceed 10MB. If the presentation is larger than the limit of 10MB, it will not be posted to the conference website.
- A presentation that has many graphics may become quite large in size. To reduce the size of the presentation size, reduce the resolution of graphics.
- Another way to reduce the size of a presentation is not to embed audio and video; instead provide links in your presentation to them elsewhere.
- Please name your presentation as follows: lastname_firstinitial_sessionday.ppt
- If you are using Office 2007, please save your presentation as a ppt, not pptx.
We must receive your presentation by July 25, 2008. Please send your presentation to email@example.com. If we do not receive your presentation by the deadline, it will not be posted to the conference website until the end of August. If you do not want your presentation posted, please indicate that when you check in at the conference.
We will host a webinar approximately two weeks before the conference. At this time we will go over the details of how the conference is set up and hope to answer any questions. We will archive the webinar so that you may view it if you are unable to attend the webinar. We will advise you of the day and time for the webinar at a later date.
If you have any questions about your presentation, please contact Cathy Swift
Remember, your audience is ready to be impressed. Make the most out of this presentation and the opportunity to share your teaching experience.
MERLOT Conference Committe